background

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Going Gray and Other Randomness

Sigh.......Luke found my first gray hair yesterday. I knew it was inevitable. I expect to get a few gray hairs now and then. And I guess at 27, I'm not really shocked to have found my first gray hair. But can you ever really expect it? Or be happy about it? Ironically, a few weeks ago, Mom and I painted my kitchen "Going Gray". Maybe I should have seen it coming. Sadly, I didn't. And now I'm left wondering.......will there be more?

On to more important things, I guess. The last week has been rather eventful in the Sumner house. Luke's been down with the flu. He's slowly feeling better, which I'm thankful for, because I'm tired of cleaning the bathroom!

The weather here has been absolutely beautiful! It's been nearly 50 degrees the last two days. I woke up this morning and saw grass in our front yard. It's been buried under two feet of snow for the last month. The warmer air makes me ready for spring!
We also bought a double stroller which I'm excited about! (Way more than a normal person would be!) We had one that my sweet and generous aunt gave us (thanks, Aunt Brenda!), but there were a few features I felt like I "needed" now that Abby's getting bigger. I wanted to be able to put Abby's carrier in the front or back, and I wanted the seats to fully recline so they can take naps even when we're on the go. We're going to Florida on vacation in a few weeks, so this was my excuse to get it now. Plus, when we went to Babies R Us (just to look, of course), the one I wanted was clearanced with an extra 30% off. That's definitely a sign! : ) Noah loves to share the stroller with Abby!

Lastly, God has been teaching me about faithfulness. In His providential way, He seems to find every avenue to show me want He wants me to learn. Pastor Dave just completed a sermon series on faith. We've been discussing prayer and how we can confidently know that God hears and answers our prayers with our students. I've been studying through the book of Luke over the last couple months and reading about all the instances where people are healed by their faith and pondering the massive faith it took for the disciples to stand for something so countercultural in their time. As Luke is considering leading our family into full time ministry, faith has been on my mind plenty. It's scary to think about living on the generosity of others, but on the other hand, living in God's pocket of grace, knowing he will faithfully provide for us through His people, sounds incredibly comforting. There's no other place I'd rather be. So I pray, "I believe, Lord. Now please increase my faith!"

Just because I can't help myself:



My beautiful babies!

No comments:

Post a Comment