background

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

August

I'll give you a quick update on our August days spent in Ohio. Since we were in Missouri for 2 weeks, there's not much to say, but I have a few cute pictures.

Luke caught Noah filling Abby's hair up with sand.

Luke decided the best way to get it out was by vacuuming it! She didn't seem to mind! Then she got in the bathtub for a good scrubbing.

Here are the kids back in Missouri swimming in the same stock tank I swam in when I was a little girl. Dad had just filled it up with water from the well, so it was FREEZING! But the kids both had a blast!



Here's Noah playing with a birthday present. He calls this his "big train". He doesn't like to actually turn it on, he just wants to drive it himself.





Noah playing in shaving cream -- I'm trying to encourage him to draw and write, but he doesn't like to sit down with crayons or pencils anymore. So now I have to be more creative!

One of the last warm days of summer, we went out in the slip n slide. Abby just loves the water!



Noah was giving his fire truck a bath.


Here we are at the nature center. The first time Abby's been able to crawl through the great big hollow tree trunk in their lobby!

Luke and Noah checking out a raccoon.


I finally feel like I'm getting caught up around here! We've been working on printing, folding, and addressing newsletters for the last week -- I've run out of ink twice and paper once. I'm definitely better prepared for next time! Or else I'll see about having them professionally printed! Anyway, expect to get them soon. Not to spoil anything for you, BUT we have 64% of our monthly support pledged which we are thrilled about!
Also, we have a contract on our house. This is the part that makes me a little nervous! So long as all their financing goes through, we'll need to be out of here before the end of October. We're in the process of looking for some temporary housing. Our plan (subject to change at ANY time!) is to stay here until after the baby is born -- also so we can finish raising support! So we're planning to move next February or March.
We'll find out on Friday whether this baby is a boy or girl. We're more excited this time around than any, I'm pretty sure. I'm not sure why! Now that we have one of each, I don't think it really matters to us as much, but we REALLY want to know!
Both my kids are awake now, so I can't delay my day anymore. We pray you are well! Love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment